This course is targeted at Singapore Cambridge GCE O level students, but is also relevant to IGCSE students and Singapore's Integrated program students.
Did you know you can heat things up by shooting bullets at them (or by dropping them on the floor)? In fact, if we make a number of assumptions, we can actually calculate how much their temperature will change when we do so! Are you interested to find out how to do that? Then jump right in! We will also be exploring the different characteristics and properties of thermometers - the instruments that help us measure temperature. And not just the boring old thermometers that you stick in your mouth (although there's no way we could not cover those too). You might just be surprised.
You will learn:
- What types of thermometers are good for what things
- How to measure temperature with a thermometer that has absolutely no markings whatsoever
- What heat capacity is and how to use it
- How much water you can boil by dunking hot metal in it
- How to maximise the amount of heat gained by shooting things (or by dropping them on the floor)
A link to the full O level Physics syllabus can be found here
You will need to know:
- A little bit of Work Energy and Power (how to calculate kinetic energy and gravitational potential energy)
- How to watch videos on your computer
The instructor is from Math Arena.The instructor is absolutely passionate about teaching and you'll find the lessons engaging and ultimately rewarding.