- 184 Videos
- 1 Text
- 6 PDFs
This course is targeted at Singapore primary school level 5, but is also suitable for primary school level 6 students.
In particular, pay attention to how we solve "Whole Number" type questions. Students will be introduced to methods without use of bar models. Here is our blog post Comparing Bar Model and Non Bar Model Solutions. Here is our post discussing Freed from Singapore “Bar Model” Math.
Based on feedback, many parents have used the videos to learn the methods to help their children to learn faster.
Math Arena students gain an edge using techniques that we teach here in our videos, these methods provide accuracy and speed. We believe it also provides better understanding of their solution to the question that they are solving.
It can also be used as independent learning or for revision.
Take note in our PDF files. the questions are arranged by similarity for easy question pattern recognition.
The Number of stars indicates level of difficulty. One star is fundamental, 2 stars are moderate. 3 and 4 stars are difficult and challenging. Note due to the student’s ability he may experience difficult questions as easy and easy questions as difficult. So do not be over anxious, if an “easy question” stumped you, just keep practicing.
You will :
- be able to print from PDF files
- be able to watch and learn from 180 videos
- learn fast, accurate methods in solving Questions
You will need to know:
- Fundamental Heuristic Concepts
- How to watch videos on your computer
- PDF files contain the questions, the videos are the solutions to the questions.
- Question header may not contain the full question as it it limited to 255 characters.
- Our Videos complements the student’s math lessons in Math Arena.
- Fraction, Ratio, Percentages (FRP) are the main bulk of of questions for PSLE.
- It is common that parents do learn from our videos and work with their children too.
- The bar model is good for understanding but may be less useful for more complicated questions. It can also lead to harder transition to algebra in their secondary schools.
Take a moment to ...
The instructor is from Math Arena.The instructor is absolutely passionate about teaching and you'll find the lessons engaging and ultimately rewarding.