This course is targeted at Singapore Cambridge GCE O level students, but is also relevant to IGCSE students and Singapore's Integrated program students.
If you've been following our course on forces, you should be familiar with how forces make objects move from place to place. But that's not all forces do. Ask anyone who's thrown a shuriken before and they'll tell you that the force you exert on it also causes it to spin. In fact, we use this turning effect from forces in levers, winches and the wheel and axle to make life easier for ourselves. So if you're interested to find out what forces have to do with spinning objects, this course is the one you want to take.
You will learn:
- Why the shuriken spins
- How to calculate torque
- What the centre of gravity is and how to find it
- How to determine whether and object is going to topple or not
- The principle behind those balancing toys that just don't seem to fall down
- Other cool stuff! (Some of the videos in this course are marked as "explanation videos", which go into greater depth on the topics covered. We try to bring in out-of-syllabus concepts where possible to make things more interesting and give a more complete understanding of the topic)
A link to the full O level Physics syllabus can be found here
You will need to know:
- Some knowledge of forces (how to split a force into different components)
- How to watch videos on your computer
The instructor is from Math Arena.The instructor is absolutely passionate about teaching and you'll find the lessons engaging and ultimately rewarding.