This course is targeted at Singapore Cambridge GCE O level students, but is also relevant to IGCSE students and Singapore's Integrated program students.
When you think of electricity, you might be imagining a current that flows from one point to another. That's direct current. The power in our houses, however, is very different. We use alternating current, which keeps on changing the direction it flows in. It turns out that there's a very good reason for doing so - distributing power to our houses would be much harder using direct current. But what does this have to do with electromagnetic induction? Join us and find out!
You will learn:
- Why putting two coils of wire next to each other and running a current through one of them will cause them to jump
- How to generate electricity
- How to tweak alternating voltages to the values you want
- How to detect earthquakes using magnets
- Lots of other cool stuff!
A link to the full O level Physics syllabus can be found here
You will need to know:
- How to watch videos on your computer
- It is encouraged that you complete the courses on Magnetism and Electromagnetism first. Familiart
The instructor is from Math Arena.The instructor is absolutely passionate about teaching and you'll find the lessons engaging and ultimately rewarding.