This course is targeted at Singapore Cambridge GCE O level students, but is also relevant to IGCSE students and Singapore's Integrated program students.
He's a big name in physics, with an equally big hairdo. You probably know him as the guy who got hit by an apple. He may seem like an old and outdated figure, but without his contributions to physics many of the things we take for granted now would not be possible (and that story about the apple is pretty fun!) This course, which investigates how forces make things move, is built heavily on the laws of motion that Newton laid down - the same laws which explain why you can make rockets fly upwards by pushing downwards, or why you seem to weigh more in an elevator accelerating upwards.
You will learn:
- Newton's 3 laws and how they work
- How to figure out what direction an object is going to go in when multiple forces are exerted on it
- How to figure out how fast that object's going to go
- How friction and air resistance will affect its motion
You will also learn:
- How to mess with the weight of an object
- Why all objects fall at the same speed (let's say you dropped a squirrel and an echidna off the leaning tower of Pisa...)
- Other cool stuff! (Some of the videos in this course are marked as "explanation videos", which go into greater depth on the topics covered. We try to bring in out-of-syllabus concepts where possible to make things more interesting and give a more complete understanding of the topic)
A link to the full O level Physics syllabus can be found here
You will need to know:
- How to watch videos on your computer
The instructor is from Math Arena.The instructor is absolutely passionate about teaching and you'll find the lessons engaging and ultimately rewarding.